Please read carefully. You must agree to abide by these rules in order to enter, or to accept a place from someone else:
- You understand that participating in this event is potentially hazardous and that you should not participate unless you are medically and physically fit to do so.
- If you have entered another person you have their permission to do so and their agreement to these rules.
- If you wish to subsequently transfer your place in the event to someone else you will obtain their agreement to these conditions before agreeing with them to do so and either you or the new holder will advise us of the new runner's full details. On race day this must be done at the info desk in Race HQ, preferably before 10am. You will not resell your place for more than you paid for it.
- If you report a number as missing and obtain a replacement you should destroy the former if you subsequently find it. You must not use a number once it is reported as missing.
- You agree to abide by the trail running rules of the Association of Running Clubs as published on their website runningclubs.org.uk.
- You will not set foot on any private land used by the Grizzly in various years other than during the race itself or with explicit permission, or you risk potential banning from The Grizzly.
- You agree to behave in a reasonable manner to the promoters, organisers, competitors and other persons associated with the event.
- You agree to be photographed and/or videoed by official race cameramen. If you do not wish to be photographed or videoed, please contact the Race Director at least one week in advance of the event.
- You accept that this event is a running race and agree to accept any decision marshals, backmarkers or medical personnel may make to direct you on a shortcut or withdraw you from the race. Any runner who refuses to follow instructions from a marshal or backmarker to shortcut or withdraw from the race will no longer be part of the race and will have to make their own way back to the finish line (and will effectively no longer be covered by the race insurance policy). The Committee also reserves the right to prevent any such runners from entering The Grizzly in future years.
- You agree to not wilfully drop litter, especially gel sachets, or risk potential disqualification.
- You agree to carefully read the race information which will be made available a few weeks before the event.
- You will be the minimum age for the race you have entered on the day of the race (18 for The Grizzly and 17 for The Cub Run).
- You will not hold the promoters, organisers or other persons associated with the event responsible for any loss or injury incurred as a result of your participation in, or travel to or from, the event.
- You will not embark on the course before the official race start.
- You will not pass through the finishing line more than once (even if you have removed or covered up your number).
- You accept that no refunds or deferrals will be offered under any circumstances other than the cancellation or postponement of the event (and even then a full refund may not be given).
- Dogs and walking poles are banned for runners.
- You are advised not to wear earphones or headphones.
You learn from fear. Don't back away from it. Seek it out before it seeks you.