The Grizzly is a multi-terrain race across the glorious East Devon coastline and countryside and the major event in the calendar of Axe Valley Runners. Through organising the Grizzly, the club has been able to raise thousands of pounds for local, national and international charities with donations since 1988 of more £425k. The event attracts runners from throughout the UK and across the world.
Paws for Thought
- There will not be a ballot
- It will be first-come-first-served
- There is a reduced limit of 2000 places
- Entry Fee: Full Grizzly £30/£32 Cub £20/£22 (all including admin fee)
- It will be a cup-free event (water will be provided for runners to fill their own cups/bladder packs)
- Runners will not receive a T-shirt as part of their entry fee (we are exploring the idea of a T-shirt that can be purchased separately online)
- Whilst there are no Covid-19 restrictions at present we cannot guarantee restrictions will not be imposed – this may lead to entrants losing some or all of their entry fee so runners should consider taking out their own personal insurance policy to cover such losses.
The results of the Grizzly 2020 are in the link on the right-hand side of the page and wonderful Grizzly 2020 photos are available to purchase at the link below. Please support our race photographer at Photo-Fit.
Official charity partner – South West Coast Path Association
The Grizzly Committee nominated the South West Coast Path Association (SWCPA) as the official charity partner for 2020. Given that the Grizzly runners use part of the glorious South West Coast Path we wanted to support its continued protection and improvement. We were able to donate £2100.