Autumn 2022 Couch to 5K
Axe Valley Runners are starting a Couch to 5K running course starting on Wednesday 21st September at 6.30pm meeting at Fisherman’s Gap (by the roundabout) on Seaton seafront. The cost is £5 for the whole 12 week course. The club take this via LoveAdmin which is very user friendly. Click on the link to regiater as a new member or email me if you are unsure.The course is suitable for anyone looking to improve their fitness through running or jogging regardless of pace or age.
- Is it suitable for me? Yes. You run/ walk/ jog at your own pace. The 12 weeks is time enough for everyone to improve. We have lots of supportive volunteers
- What if I miss a week? Not a problem, you’ll catch up
- Should I be running outside of Wednesday’s nights? Ideally. I’ll send you out the Runner’s World programme which is based around 4 walk/ runs a week. It’s a big ask. Do what you can
- Is it suitable for children? Unfortunately we’re not insured for children. 18 and above only
- Can I sign my friends up? Best not to. You might be keen, they may be less so. Give them my email, below, and they can sign up themselves. That way I have everyone’s email and if we have to change things and/or people drop out then everyone is still in touch
- What should I wear? Loose comfortable clothes and trainers. Please don’t spend loads of money on new kit
- I’ve started one of these before but had to pull out, can I sign up again? Yes please do.
- 😎 I missed out on the last one but think I’m on a waiting list? You almost certainly are and I’ll be in touch shortly but by all means do email me
- Do I need to be a serious runner? No it’s about having fun and improving fitness!
Please email me Cliff Marriott if you have any questions about the course or the sign up process. I look forward to seeing you at Fisherman’s Gap soon!