Race Rules, Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully. By entering The Grizzly or Cub Races 2024 you are agreeing to abide by these rules, terms and conditions, or to accept a place transferred from someone else previously entered.
- You understand that participating in this event is potentially hazardous and that you should not participate unless you are medically and physically fit to do so. Participation is at the participant’s own risk.
- You will not hold the promoters, organisers or other persons associated with the event responsible for any loss or injury incurred as a result of your participation in, or travel to or from, the event.
Cancellation and alterations of the event
- You accept that absolutely no refunds or deferrals will be offered under any circumstances for event cancellation or postponement if significant costs have been incurred by the organisers at the time of the event cancellation or postponement. The organisers recommend you take out your own personal insurance to cover any expenses/losses as a result of the event cancellation or postponement.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter aspects of the race at any time.
- While there are currently no local or Government COVID-19 restrictions in place which would prevent the event from taking place, there is no guarantee that restrictions will not be imposed before race day which may prevent the holding of the event. In such circumstances, you understand and accept absolutely no refunds or deferrals will be offered for event cancellation or postponement, if significant costs have been incurred by the organisers at the time of the event cancellation or postponement. Entrants should consider taking out their own personal insurance policy to cover such losses.
Collection and use of data
- By entering the Grizzly and Cub races in any year, you agree to be contacted by race organisers in order to keep you updated about that year’s Grizzly and Cub races, so that we can properly perform our contract with you.
- If you have entered another person you have their permission to do so and their agreement to these rules, terms and conditions.
- If you wish to subsequently transfer your place in the event to someone else you will obtain their agreement to these conditions before agreeing with them to do so and either you or the new holder will advise us of the new runner’s full details. On race day this must be done at the info desk in Race HQ, preferably before 10am. You will not resell your place for more than you paid for it.
- If you report a number as missing and obtain a replacement you should destroy the former if you subsequently find it. You must not use a number once it is reported as missing.
- You agree to abide by the trail running rules of the Association of Running Clubs as published on their website runningclubs.org.uk.
- No headphones are permitted. Runners must be able to hear instructions from marshals at all times, therefore the use of any headphones is NOT ALLOWED.
- You will not set foot on any private land used by the Grizzly in various years other than during the race itself or with explicit permission, or you risk potential banning from The Grizzly.
- You agree to behave in a reasonable manner to the promoters, organisers, competitors and other persons associated with the event.
- You agree to be photographed and/or videoed by official race cameramen. If you do not wish to be photographed or videoed, please contact the Race Director at least one week in advance of the event.
- You agree for your name and finishing time to be included in the race results published on this website and elsewhere. If you do not agree to have your name and finishing time published, please contact the Race Director at least one week in advance of the event.
- You accept that The Grizzly event is a running race and cut off points (see section 7 of race information) will be strictly enforced on any runner not meeting the times of said cut off points.
- You agree to accept any decision marshals, backmarkers or medical personnel may make to direct you on a shortcut, cut off or withdraw you from the race. Any runner who refuses to follow instructions from a marshal or backmarker to shortcut, cutoff or withdraw from the race will no longer be part of the race and will have to make their own way back to the finish line (and will effectively no longer be covered by the race insurance policy). The Committee also reserves the right to prevent any such runners from entering The Grizzly in future years.
- You agree to not wilfully drop litter, especially gel sachets, or risk potential disqualification.
- You agree to carefully read the race information which will be made available a few weeks before the event.
- You will be the minimum age for the race you have entered on the day of the race (18 for The Grizzly and 17 for The Cub Run).
- You will not embark on the course before the official race start.
- You will not pass through the finishing line more than once (even if you have removed or covered up your number).
- Dogs and walking poles are banned for runners. Failure to hand over any walking poles when requested will lead to instant disqualification and potential banning from The Grizzly in future years.