Who are we?
Axe Valley Runners (“AVR”, “we”, “the club”) is a running club which provides organised training and social runs for its members and races for both its members and the wider running community.
This policy covers data collected by us for purposes other than the Grizzly race for which a specific policy is published on its own website.
What data do we collect?
AVR collect and store personal data (name, gender, date of birth, contact details, emergency contacts, medical information and other such information) of our members and those who enter our public events.
Why we collect the data?
We collect data for a number of different reasons:
- Contacting our members and those who have entered our events
- Dealing appropriately with an emergency situation involving a member or event participant
- Producing comprehensive results for our races
- Optionally making members’ contact information available to other members.
How do we store the data?
The data can be stored in various locations:
- Computers used by various members of the committee and individual race organisers
- Public hosting services (“cloud storage” and such like) used by various members of the committee and individual race organisers
- Our web server for backups and as intermediate storage locations, particularly when data is sent to us via a form on our website
- Paper hardcopies for some types of information such as membership forms and event entry forms.
All digital data is protected with a non-obvious password.
Who do we share this data with?
Data is shared outside the club only in these circumstances:
Relevant information about members and event entrants are passed to legitimate medical providers and other emergency organisations if required. Limited contact information for members of the club’s committee and race organisers is publically-visible in the contact section of our website. Event entrants’ name, club and approximate age are visible on our results pages and various media outlets reporting on the activities of the club.
Data is shared within the club as follows:
- Officers of the committee have access to the membership database.
- Members can choose to allow us to share some or all of their contact information with other members.
How long do we hold this data?
Information on the results pages is retained indefinitely unless an individual requests us to remove some or all of their records.
Unless otherwise authorised by an individual, we will delete the information we hold about them within two years of it ceasing to be relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
How you can see what we hold
Individuals who wish to review, amend or request deletion of their personal information should contact the privacy & data protection officer at privacy@AxeValleyRunners.org.uk. Concerns which are not adequately addressed by them can be escalated to the chairman at chairman@AxeValleyRunners.org.uk and if you are still not satisfied then onto to the Information Commissioners Office ICO.org.uk.